Sunday, July 27, 2014

His Wondrous Works


Many, O LORD my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto Thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered. Psalm 40:5



 Your Wondrous Works

O Lord, You have created me, a woman
You know me and nothing is hidden from You
You know when I sit down and rise up
Yes, You even know my thoughts


You see me coming in and going out
You are very familiar with all that I do
There is not a word which I speak
that You don't know already


You surround me on all sides
and protect me with Your hand
I cannot comprehend such love and care
I cannot grasp Your knowledge


Where can I go or escape from You?
Even if I go up into the heavens
or down into the dungeon
You will be right there with me

If I had wings and fly away
and settle at the end of the globe
You will still direct me
holding me with Your right hand


No matter where I go or run away from
be it in deep darkness or full light
It will make no difference
because I cannot hide from You


You are in full control of my life
even before I was conceived
I will praise You for ever
for You awesomely created me


Your eyes were upon me
when I was not yet fully grown
My identity was written in Your book
as I developed into an unique creation


Altogether, how precious are Your thoughts
that You remember me as Your own
They are immeasurable
and outnumber the sand of the sea
I know how marvelous Your works are
and it is wonderful to know You
You do not abandon me
for when I wake up, I am still with You
Thank You Father!
* * * * * * *
Make me to understand the way of Thy precepts:
so shall I talk of Thy wondrous works
.
Psalm 119:27

Who is like unto Thee, O Lord, among the gods? Who is like Thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?
Exodus 15:11



Dr. Trudy Veerman, Poetic arrangement from Psalm 139:1-18.
Copyright © 1996-2014. All rights reserved.

No comments: