Thursday, February 27, 2014

He answers Prayer

Psalm 65:5... By awesome deeds in righteousness You will answer us.



During WW II many Jews were hidden and helped by the Dutch People. I was just a child then and was raised in a Church-going family, but not necessarily a born-again Christian family. We were taught that the Jews were God's people through whom God would fulfill his plan. In light of this, we loved the Jews, yet we did not fully understand God's plan.

At that time, an uncle of me on my father's side by the name of Jack had aided a few Jews during WW II. After the war, the Dutch Queen recognized and honored many that had helped the Jews. 

As a result, my uncle received a sum of money and a medal identified as: "Order Of Orange Nassau". 

I learned about this years later. Uncle Jack truly treasured this Gift and he wanted to use it for something special and thus, he put his money in a separate account.

Please, read on and discover how God's loving hand works for those who love and seek Him.


John 14: 14...You may ask me for anything in My name, and I will do it.


M
y husband and I, with our 4 small children, immigrated to Canada in 1966, I was only 27 then. Both of us had been saved before we were married.  My husband had a job as a Mechanical Engineer. The wages were not high, but we were happy with what we had, for we knew that the Lord would provide for our needs. 

We did not have any family or friends in Canada, neither did we know anyone. We totally relied on the only One we truly knew, our Lord Jesus Christ. During that time, and even today, I never felt lonely, but rather very happy with my new-found country. 

As head of our family, my husband said to me one day: "We will feel that we "belong" if we had a secure place to call "home". He felt that it would be better if we would own a home, rather than renting. He then asked me to join him and agree in prayer. I did, and we asked the Lord to provide us with a home and, of course, the money to be able to buy one. I certainly did not have the faith to acquire a home, but my husband did. I conformed and was in agreement through prayer for this. 

Just a few weeks later my Uncle Jack phoned from the Netherlands and informed us that he was going to the United States on business. He asked us if it would be okay for him to stop by and visit, so that he could take a report back to my parents about our well being.

My husband had never met my Uncle Jack because he had never paid us a visit before. Uncle Jack arrived and stayed with us for a few days. He was not a born-again believer, but he feared God. He and his wife had raised 6 children.

One morning at the breakfast table Uncle Jack said: "I have never seen such a lovely Christian family. Your children sing praises unto the Lord early in the morning, they pray at the table and sing again at night. Last night I couldn't sleep as I thought about all that I have seen and experienced here with your family. It was as if the Lord was speaking to me to give you the money that I received from the Queen after WW II, so that you may be able to buy a home in the country side."

My husband and I looked at each other with BIG eyes. We could hardly believe our ears. We both began to cry. My Uncle thought he had offended us, as he did not know what to think about our crying. He had no idea that we'd been praying for a home. We then told him our story.

Praise God! For He is the same yesterday, today, and forever! We received this "Gift of money" and we bought our first own hobby farm. We believe that uncle Jack also received something from God. He must have noticed that Christianity is not just a word, but a way of life. 


Isaiah 38:2+3
...Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed to the Lord and said, "Remember now, O Lord, I pray, how I have walked before You in truth and with a loyal heart, and have done what is good in Your sight." And Hezekiah wept bitterly.
verse 5... "Go and tell Hezekiah, Thus says the Lord, the God of David your father: "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; surely I will add to your days fifteen years."

By turning his face to the wall Hezekiah closed himself off and saw only GOD. His fervent prayer and tears made God change things around.

Genesis 32:26
... And He said, "Let Me go, for the day breaks." But he (Jacob) said, "I will not let You go unless You bless me!"
Jacob wrestled with God... Isn't this a little too bold... too disrespectful... too ...? Apparently not, because God blessed him right there. (verse 29). 
Just think about it!

Mark 11:24
...Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you WILL have them.

Luke 11:9...
.So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

John 15:7
... If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

COMMITMENT AND SUBMISSION TO GOD IS REQUIRED BEFORE WE CAN RECEIVE! THIS IS THE SECRET!


In order to receive from The Lord the believer has to walk in His will and in obedience to God's Word and its ordinances. This includes water-baptism by immersion and the infilling of the Holy Spirit as described in my writings WATER BAPTISM and THE HOLY SPIRIT . Click these links to read the writings.


We may be still imperfect, although we know that the Father sees us as righteous through His Son, Jesus Christ. But you must strive to live a life well-pleasing unto Him, which includes shunning sin, sinful and worldly places. 

Even books, magazines and TV programs need to be carefully selected. Most of these things you would do automatically, if you really love Jesus Christ. If you have a problem with this, you must check out your priorities, and ask yourself whom you really want to serve.

2 Chronicles 7:14...
If My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven , and will forgive their sin and heal their land.


Whatever you pray, according to His word, believe that you have received it and walk into the direction of your prayer.


Mark 11 :24...
 All things for which you pray and ask, believe that you have received them, and they shall be granted you.

Psalm 37:4-5...
Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.

Psalm 46:1-3...
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling.

We have faith in the Lord that He will take care of us. We do what we can, and when we can't He takes over. Amen! We have been in situations before that seemed hopeless, yet God pulled us through.
Our youngest daughter nearly drowned one day while whitewater rafting. I didn't know about it as I was not with her at the time. I was suddenly warned by the Lord, concerning her. 


The Holy Spirit drew my attention and I started to fervently pray on her behalf. I strongly perceived that her life was in danger.
A week later, she called me and told me about her experience while whitewater rafting, and how their raft turned over. She explained how she had been caught beneath it and how she had been pushed up against it by her life jacket, while the strong current dragged her and the raft downstream.

She was certain that she was going to drown, because there was no way to get out from underneath the raft while the current pushed it along. She recounts hearing her friends calling out to her and how she was suddenly pushed out for the second time from beneath the raft as it hurled further down stream. This was indeed a miracle!

I asked her approximately when this had occurred. Surprisingly, she told me that this happened a week ago on Saturday morning. This was the exact morning that I was urged by The Lord to pray for my daughter, while I was on my way to the hospital where I worked at the time. She recounts that she actually discerned that someone was praying for her. It truly is a miracle! The Lord's hand saved our daughter's life! 

We both cried in thanksgiving to God while on the telephone. The following week she came home and showed me the pictures of everyone next to the raft, minutes before they had begun their adventure. Happy... smiling faces... all action. We couldn't help but cry again.

This could have been a very tragic accident, had I not been sensitive to the Spirit of God. I know that he uses us as His instruments, because He always works through willing vessels. Praise the Lord!


Genesis 18:14...
Is there anything too hard for the Lord ?

Proverbs 4:4...
Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments and live.



Praise the Lord!
Many years ago, I burned both my hands on a 400 degrees hot steel panhandle. In haste, I had grabbed the handle of a large steel frying pan that was sitting in the hot oven. I screamed from the pain and grabbed the pan with my other hand, rather than dropping it on the floor. Both my hands were stuck to this handle.

After I freed my hands they stayed in the shape of the grip and I could not straighten them out.
My skin was severely burned and had shrunk. I ran screaming to the water tap while my husband turned the tap on. Our four children immediately dropped to their knees on the floor and began to pray. At once, my husband laid his hands on me. As a family, we cried in desperation unto the Lord.

This incident happened at about 2:00 p.m. My husband had to be at work by 3:00 p.m. The children were all under 6 years of age and could not help much around the house. They needed their mother. My hands were still in this "grip" shape and my skin was whitish. I cried out to the Lord: "Lord, somebody has to do the work here and wash the dishes, and I have no one to help me!" I walked to the kitchen counter and with great effort I turned the tap on to begin washing the dishes.

While praying in the Spirit and walking by faith, I started to wash dishes. By the time I finished, my hands had straightened out. Hallelujah! I just kept on praising the Lord and continued with the household chores. 

Apparently our children, in their faith, were expectant that my hands would be made whole. With their childlike faith they had already experienced the Lord in many ways.

Unexpectedly, our pastor dropped in around 7:00 p.m. that night for fellowship and prayer. I never mentioned anything about what had happened to me. While he was still standing, I stretched my hands towards him and said: "Pastor Bill, will you have a good look at my hands?" He took my hands, looked at them, turned them, looked again and said: "What about them? Your hands look perfect to me?" Then I explained what had happened just a few hours earlier. 


Well, you can just imagine what we did. We laughed and cried at the same time. We praised and glorified the name of our wonderful Lord.
Pastor Bill was sent by the Lord to witness the great healing power of God. The tremendous power of His "stripes" was manifested that afternoon. The skin of my hands never showed even a blister. What a great encouragement that was for us that day to "keep on keeping on for Jesus". Praise His Holy Name! Many years there after, Pastor Bill testified about it in his new church, when I visited there.

Psalm 50:15...
Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me.

Isaiah 40:31...
But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

Psalm. 18:2...
The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Deliverer; my God is my Rock in whom I take refuge. He is my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold!


These are just some of the many, many experiences that I have had. When I became a Christian, in 1961, I declared that if God can only do that which I can do, I don't need Him. I need God to do the
IMPOSSIBLE!
That requires Faith. Over the years this Faith has grown and the Lord has never disappointed me.


"Jesus Christ is the same, yesterday,today and for ever.(Hebrews 13:8).


We can ALWAYS count on Jesus.
People will fail you. Your own friends and family will fail you.
And sometimes even your own spouse, BUT... THANK GOD! HE NEVER FAILS!

Mankind must have faith in God. Through Jesus Christ our life will become bearable. With Him, you need never feel alone or abandoned.

Copyright © Dr.Trudy Veerman, Webmaster, 1996-2015. All rights reserved.

No comments: