Sunday, February 23, 2014

Confess and Profess

Confess Sins & Profess Faith


Entering the Kingdom of God is accompanied with our confession of sins and professing Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. To become part of a family one has first to be born into that family. The first thing you hear from a newborn baby is crying... a way of communication.
It is a natural response to let the world know: I am here !!!
If you don't hear the baby's cry, parents and the doctor will start worrying.

Our first cries towards God can be summed up in the following scriptures.
John 1:9... If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Psalm 32:5... I acknowledged my sin unto Thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the Lord; and thou forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah.

If you have problems forsaking your sin, go to a reliable Holy Spirit filled believer and ask for help and support. Confess your sins openly to this believer, so he/she has a good understanding what you are battling against. Together you can win the battle and take victory in the authority of Jesus Christ. 


It may be painful to reveal your weaknesses to others, but hiding it and pretending that all is well, is dishonest, fooling yourself and others. Hiding your sin is also very dangerous, for satan will take full advantage of this and tie you even more to your sin and weaknesses. 
Satan will even encourage you to keep quiet about it, so he can control your life. Listen, it is far better to be ashamed of your sins now, while something still can be done about it, than when you have to appear before the throne of God with a whole pile of unconfessed and hidden sin.

Proverbs 28:13... He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.

Psalm 38:18... For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

Of course, with confession of sin comes repentance. Turning away from past sins and its temptations is unmistakably necessary. We cannot keep on repeating the same sin. Jesus Himself says to the adulterous women: "Go and sin no more."

Luke 13:3... I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Acts 3:19... Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;

Ezekiel 18:21... But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die.

Once a family member, there will be individual needs to be met.
In the natural realm, children will start asking questions of their parents. Their trust in their parents depends on how consistent the answers are. That is why children will ask the same questions over and over again, because they want to hear the SAME answers over and over again. This also provides a feeling of security.

A human being does not automatically trust someone or something. It has to be tried out, it is a learning experience. When a child grows up in a family where he has learned from previous experience to trust his parents, because they followed up their promises, he can easily tell his classmates that he is getting a new bike tomorrow, if his parents told him so. Although the child has not seen the bike, he KNOWS he will get it.
It is a combination of communication and action.

All through life we have learned how to trust or mistrust people and we have acted accordingly. In the same manner we can learn to believe and trust God and His Word. We have to learn to talk, ask and communicate. If we do not tell our parents what we need; what is bothering us; where our hurts are... how can they help?
Although God knows our hearts, He still needs to hear from us.

Luke 11:9... Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Confessing Christ, professing or... saying what you believe.

Hebrews 4:14... Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Romans 10:9-10...That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Here we see that not only your heart has something to do with your salvation, your mouth has something to do with it too.

Proverbs 18:21...Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Proverbs 21:23...Whoever guards his mouth and tongue keeps his soul from troubles.

Matthew 12:37....For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.


This scripture talks about positive as well as negative aspect of Words.

Matthew 10:32...Therefore whoever confesses (professes) Me before men, him I will also confess (profess) before My Father who is in heaven.

2 Timothy 2:12...If we endure, we shall also reign with Him.
If we deny Him, He also will deny us.

We have learned to trust God. We have asked many questions over and over again and His answers are the same in His Word. He has not changed, He is not a man that He should lie. He says:" I am, Who I am." We are secure and we can profess the things we have not seen, because we KNOW we will attain that which is promised.

Psalm 66:16-17...Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will declare (profess) what He has done for my soul.

Mark 11:23b...and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says.

It is clear here, that when you speak something, there is action.
With other words: You will have what you speak! You have to start to profess what you believe!
Faith is always first expressed in WORDS. Faith must be released in words through your mouth, accompanied by action. 


Faith and Words are action. You believe it, you say it and you do it. I am not talking about Words you speak in Church, Sunday school or Words you use when you pray. I mean the Words you use in your conversations at your office, with your friends, at home. Your Words, the confession of your mouth, tells you: Who you are; Where you are (spiritually) and Where you're going. 
Your Words will affect your life and your spirit.

Genesis 1:3...Then God said (spoke), "Let there be light", and there was light.
verse 6....Then Go dsaid: "Let there be... Verse 9 Then God said: "Let the waters.....etc

Proverbs 12:18...There is one who speaks like the piercings of a sword, but the tongue if the wise promotes health.

Don't confess what the devil is doing, rather profess what the Scripture says. What defeats a lot of people is their double confession. One time they say one thing, and the next time they profess the opposite. In Church they say: "The Lord is my Shepherd; I shall not want". On Monday they tell a co-worker: "I am behind paying my bills, I'm about to lose my house".

Luke 6:46....But why do you call Me "Lord, Lord", and do not do the things which I say?

1 John 2:23....Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Prayer alone will not solve your problems. But your prayer has to be accompanied by your walk and your confession. They are inseparable. You have to know the rules of the game and walk according to the Scripture. 

Your prayer needs to be directed, or else it will NOT be effective. You have to study God's Word in order to find the rules, the keys, to walk in His Word to win, and to be victorious. Put your faith into action and use your mouth to speak His word, PROFESS. 
We have to be doers of the Word, not only hearers. James 1:22
When we abide in Him, He will abide in us. This means, He rules our lives and we must keep our old nature crucified.

To be an overcomer start at square one, be obedient to the Scripture, through water baptism by immersion, as in Mark 16:16, if you haven't done so. Seek the infilling of the Holy Spirit and the speaking in tongues for self-edification. 

Allow the Fruit of the Holy Spirit to develop in your life. Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance (Galatians 5:22,23).

Shun sin, worldly places and worldly friends. Screen videos, TV programs, books, magazines, internet chat rooms, friends etc. Stay away from the slippery edge of sin. 

DO SOME HOUSE CLEANING.

Go out all the way for God, surrender completely, or don't go at all. If you don't want to do this, forget about the rest. This is ALL hard work and takes much effort on your part to deny the flesh and take up your cross. But it is worth it! HALLELUJAH!

Romans 12: 1,2... Ours is the daily sacrifice of the sinful self on the cross of Christ.... Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

We have to discipline ourselves in all aspects of our Christian walk. YOU HAVE TO START ACTING UPON HIS WORD, in word and deed. 

Once you have entered the Kingdom of God, through belief in Jesus Christ, you have to start walking. The Bible is your guideline and your prayer is the connection with the Father. Walk in His Word and confess it. 
Once you start doing this, you will grow stronger, everyday. Just as a small child gets strong after the nourishment. You have to eat in order to survive. In the same way, you have to read His word and do what it says, in order to survive, spiritually.

God's word is powerful. WHY? For it is GOD who is behind His own word. Remember in Genesis, HE SPOKE AND IT CAME INTO EXISTENCE. Just like that! And I add: "He wrote and it will be here."
The Bible has that same power, for it is His written word. Something we can fall back on and read over and over again. It will NEVER lose its power. HALLELUJAH! Beloved, we as believers can work with this power and do the Mighty Works of God.

Become part of the scriptures by doing what God expects of you. When you do your part, He can fulfill His promises. God's promises will not be effective in your life, until you have done what is required from you. Although the scriptures below may be very familiar to you, they wouldn't benefit you if you just read them. You have to start DOING what you read.
Analyze the following scriptures and read what your part is.


*Proverbs 4:4... Let your heart hold fast my words; keep my commandments and live.

*James 1:22... But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

*James 4:8... Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.

*John 15:7... If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you    will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

*1 Peter 5:7... Cast your cares and anxieties on Him, because He    cares.

*Psalm 37:4... Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give  you the desires of your heart.

*Proverbs 3:5-6... Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart and lean  not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him  and He SHALL direct your paths.

*Matthew 11:28... Come to Me all who are weary.

You are expected to respond to the Scriptures. Prayer alone is not enough, your walk and confession have to run parallel with your prayer.

HOW SHOULD WE PROFESS?
By personalizing the scriptures, using your name or the "I" form.

Several examples follow:
*2 Corinthians 5:17....I am a new creature in Christ, my past sins  are gone and I am a whole new person on the inside.

*Romans 10:9-10....I believe in my heart that Jesus Christ is the  Son of God. I believe He was raised from the dead. I profess that  He is my Lord and Saviour.

*Ephesians 2:10...I am His workmanship. He made me a new  creation.

*Romans 8:1....Because I am in Christ Jesus, RIGHT NOW, there is  no sense of condemnation about me.

*1 Corinthians 1:30...Christ Jesus, my Lord, is my wisdom. He is  my righteousness. He is my sanctification. He is my redemption.

*Matthew 8:17 and 1 Peter 2:24...By His stripes I was healed.  God's Word tells me I was healed some 2000 years ago by His  stripes. If I was healed then I am healed now. Healing belongs to  me because I am in Christ.

*Romans 8:2...The law of Life in Christ Jesus has set me free from  the law of sin and death.

*1 John 4:4...Because I am in Christ, the Greater One lives in me.  He is Greater than the devil. Greater than disease. Greater than  circumstances. And He lives in me!



HE IS ALL

For the Lord is my helper and my staff:
He is a relief in a time of stress;
He is like water in a time of drought;
He is a light in a night of darkness;
He is my joy in times of sorrow;
He is my fulfilment, when there is emptiness;
He is my strength in weakness;
He is my all, when I am nothing.


*Romans 8:37...I am a conqueror!

*Philippians 4:13... Through Christ, my Lord, I can do ALL things.  He strengthens me. I cannot be conquered. I cannot be defeated. I  can do All things through HIM.

*Galatians 2:20... I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer  live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith  in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (NIV)

*Philippians 4:19... ALL my needs ARE supplied!

When you believe a thing in your heart and profess it with your mouth - then it becomes real to you. You will start to see: This is who I am...This is mine...That is what I have...(of course ALL in Christ). Faith's professions create realities.
Study the scriptures... Write it down... Personalize it... Meditate upon it... and profess it with your mouth.

Proverbs 3:6... In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.
Romans 8:37...I am a conqueror!

Philippians 4:13...Through Christ, my Lord, I can do ALL things. He strengthens me. I cannot be conquered. I cannot be defeated. I can do All things through HIM.

Galatians 2:20...I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (NIV)

Philippians 4:19...ALL my needs ARE supplied!

When you believe a thing in your heart and profess it with your mouth - then it becomes real to you. You will start to see: This is who I am...This is mine...That is what I have...(of course ALL in Christ). 
Faith's professions create realities.
Study the scriptures... Write it down... Personalize it... Meditate upon it... and profess it with your mouth.

Proverbs 3:6... In ALL your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.




Copyright © Dr. Trudy Veerman, 1996-2014, All rights reserved

No comments: